Skip to main content

July Favourites


Hello again! I can’t believe it’s August tomorrow, July seems to have gone by so quickly. I thought I’d finish off July with a favourites post. I’m just going to write about a few of my favourites from this month and why I like them etc, I’ll link the products as well so you check them out. Please bear with me as I’ve never written beauty product reviews before so this is unfamiliar territory for me. Enjoy!

- £6.35 (amazon)

So, I have only recently started wearing a full (ish) face of makeup, before June I was more of a mascara only (with the occasional eyeliner) type of girl. Firstly, can we just take a moment to appreciate how pretty these brushes are? I absolutely love the rose gold handles and the pink into white bristles. The brushes are soft and are really gentle on the skin and spread makeup extremely well and evenly distribute it without any streaks. If you are looking for new makeup brushes for a low price then I recommend these ones because although they aren’t from a high-end brand, they provide good coverage especially if, like me, you are just starting out with the basic makeup bag products.

-£6.99 (boots)

As I said earlier, I’ve only just started wearing foundation and I picked up Maybelline Fit me! Foundation from Superdrug at the beginning of the month and I’ve been loving it ever since. It provides full coverage and gives a natural looking finish. I got the shade warm ivory (100) and even though I’m quite pale, I do think next time I’ll go for the shade ivory (115) as it is slightly darker.

-£10.00 (boots)
I’ve had this lipstick in the shade ‘classic rose’ for a while, but I found myself reaching for it recently. I love how it’s not a bold colour and is more of a subtle pink that adds a hint of colour to my lips. (They don't sell my version anymore as it is too old, so I linked the newer version of the lipstick instead)

-£4.99 (kiko milano)
-£4.99 (boots)
Since I was younger, I’ve always bitten my nails, and I have always wanted to stop, but never have been able to (not for the lack of trying). I tried painting them and the disgusting nail biting deterrent, but I didn’t stop. At the beginning of June, I tried to stop because I wanted to be able to get them done for prom. Somehow it worked and I’ve loved being able to actually paint my nails this month. My top two colours which I have loved are the shade 823 Red Orange from KIKO Milano and the shade Rebel Blue from L’Oréal Paris. I found that the orange nail varnish from KIKO Milano needed quite a few coats to intensify the colour but apart from that it is excellent. I loved wearing the vibrant orange colour this month as it’s quite a Summery colour and something different to wear. The blue nail varnish from L’Oréal Paris was such a gorgeous rich colour. It has a built-in top coat so gave a glossy shine, although I did apply another top coat as I wanted it to last longer.

-£125 (net-a-porter)
Last week, I went to Camden and purchased some “Ray-Bans” from the market. I put quotations marks around Ray-Bans because either I got a really good deal or they’re fake, and as they were only £5 (down from £15 due to some impressive haggling) I’m thinking it’s the latter. I always look for a different style of sunglasses but I always seem to get this style; I love them. I linked the real Ray-Bans in case anyone felt like splashing out on a real pair.

Before I read this book at the beginning of the month, I read ‘All the Bright Places’ also by Jennifer Niven. I fell in love with the characters she created and read it in a day because I was so engrossed with the plot. So, when my school library got ‘Holding up the Universe’ I read it almost straight away.

“Dear friend, You are not a freak. You are wanted. You are necessary. You are the only you there is. Don’t be afraid to leave the castle. It’s a great big world out there. Love, a fellow reader.”

This small review on a wonderful book doesn’t do it justice, but I had to put it on my July favourites because it was my first book of the summer and such an excellent read. I would definitely recommend it.
http://www.jenniferniven.com/books/holdinguptheuniverse/


Thank you for reading my July favourites, have a great August!
Beth xo

Comments

Popular Posts

Letters to the Lost book review

Do you believe in fate? Sometimes I want to. I want to believe that we all walk some path towards... something, and our paths intertwine for a reason. Like this, the way we've found each other. The way you told me the right story when I so desperately needed to hear it. The reason I fell in love with reading is because it allowed me to be in someone else’s shoes with a completely different life for a few hours a day until I finished the book. Yesterday I finished 'Letters to the Lost' by Brigid Kemmerer. When I picked it up from WHSmith I was drawn to it and just had to buy it; I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but in this case, I’m glad I did. Once I started reading it, I didn’t want to put it down, but parallel to that feeling of wanting to find out what happens, the feeling that you don't want it to end is equally as strong.   I won't spoil anything but it is an incredibly moving and well-crafted book. I love the way the Kemmerer

GCSE Tips and Advice

Hello everyone, so I was meant to post this the day before my results but I was really busy and really nervous so I didn’t get a chance to. I hope you all got the GCSE and A-Level results that you wanted (or any other exams you've done). For GCSE I took: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English Language, English Literature, French, Philosophy and Ethics (RS), Drama and History. I just wanted to write down some advice for people starting their GCSEs and just some general revision tips to help you guys. Most of them I've tried myself or my friends have done them so I hope these help you in some way. Here are 10 tips to help you during your GCSE's.  Tip #1 – Revise as you go Okay so this is really important because I didn’t do this and I found I had to work really hard in the last few months leading up to my exams and I may have been able to do even better if I hadn’t crammed 3 years of work into 3 months. Start as you mean to go on, if you have an end of

Hello Internet, it's Beth x

Hello internet! It's Beth here. I've been thinking about how to write this first blog post for a while now, but I've been unsure how. I have always wanted a blog, but I've never had the guts to make one and put it out there for anyone to see. But I finally thought I should just go for it because at the end of the day the only person stopping me is myself. It's going to take me a while for me to get used to the novelty of starting a blog, but that will be exciting and something for me to focus on this summer. I can already predict that my first few posts are going to be awkward and it may take me a while to get into writing a blog, so I apologise in advance if my posts are a bit all over the place in the first few months. So, let me introduce myself. My name is Beth and I'm a sixteen year old girl (as of a couple of days ago) from the UK and I've recently just finished my GCSEs. I am an aspiring writer and plan to write about whatever nonsense springs to